Welcome to Wife MartTHỨ TƯ, 04/06/2014 (GMT+7)
A store that sells wives opened where a man may go to choose a wife from among many women.
The store has six floors, and the women increase in (1) positive attributes as the shopper (2) ascends.
There is however, (3) a catch. As you open the door to any floor you may choose a wife from that floor, but if you go up a floor, you cannot go back down, except (4) to exit the building. No stopping on any lower floors.
A man went to the shopping center one day to find a wife. On the first floor, the women have jobs. The man read the sign and said, "Well, that's better than my last girlfriend, but I (5) wonder what's further up?" So, up he went.
On the second floor, the women have jobs, love sports, and drink beer. The man smiled to himself, "That's great, but I wonder what's further up?"
The third floor has women who have jobs, love sports, drink beer, and are extremely good-looking. "Hm, better!" he said. "But I wonder what's upstairs?"
The fourth floor has women who have jobs, love sports, drink beer, are extremely good-looking and do all the housework. "Wow!" (6) exclaimed the man, "Very (7) tempting. But there must be more, much more, further up!" He (8) headed up another (9) flight.
On the fifth floor, the women have jobs, love sports, drink beer, are extremely good-looking, do all the housework and don't complain or(10) nag about anything." (11) Hot damn! How close to perfect can you get?" the man said. "But just think what must be (12) awaiting me on the final floor." So, up to the sixth floor he went.
The sixth floor has a sign that reads: You are visitor 133,956,779 to this floor. There are no women on this floor. This floor exists (13) solely as (14) proof that men are impossible (15) to please. Thank you for shopping Wife Mart, and have a nice day.
(1) good things they have or do (những đức tính tốt)
(2) to go up (đi lên)
(3) a limit or a small problem (giới hạn, hạn chế)
(4) to go out (thoát ra ngoài, đi ra ngoài)
(5) to think (tự hỏi)
(6) to say loudly or with excitement (reo lên)
(7) it makes him want to try (hấp dẫn)
(8) to start to go up (đi lên, hướng lên lầu)
(9) one set of stairs (dãy cầu thang)
(10) to keep complaining to her husband about his behavior or keep asking him to do something (đòi hỏi, càm ràm)
(11) this expression shows excitement (lời reo lên thể hiện sự phấn khích, có thể dịch là “tuyệt quá”, “đã vậy” …)
(12) to wait for (chờ đợi)
(13) only (chỉ, duy nhất)
(14) information, documents, etc. that show that something is true (bằng chứng)
(15) to make and keep happy (làm thỏa mãn, hài lòng)