Test your lateral thinking with this jokeTHỨ TƯ, 04/06/2014 (GMT+7)
This puzzle is designed to practice your lateral thinking.
A Good Employee?
Instructions: Read the story and try to answer the question. Don’t be lazy; try hard to figure it out! If you cannot think of the solution, read the clue for help.
The manager of an important bank had just arrived at work one morning when one of his employees came into his office. The man told the manager that while he was asleep that night, he had dreamt that there was a bomb in the bank vaults. The manager agreed to look in the vaults and, in fact, a bomb was found. The manager thanked the man and then told him he had lost his job. Why?
Clue: What was the man’s job?
Check out the answer key later.
• Lateral thinking (noun): a way of solving a problem by thinking about it in a different and original way and not using traditional or expected methods (Tư duy định hướng/phá cách)
• Employee (noun): someone who is paid to work for a company (Nhân viên)
• Bomb (noun): a weapon that explodes and is used to kill or hurt people or to damage buildings (Quả bom)
• Vault (noun): a room, especially in a bank, with thick walls and a strong door, which is used to store money or valuable things in safe conditions (Phòng chứa tiền)
• Night guard (noun): a person whose job is to protect a place from danger at night (Bảo vệ trực đêm)
• Prove (verb): to show that something is true (Chứng minh)