Joke: The last chicken!THỨ TƯ, 04/06/2014 (GMT+7)
Cùng thư giãn với mẩu chuyện vui về anh hàng thịt gà các bạn nhé
(1) A butcher, who (2) had had a (3) particularly good day, proudly (4) flipped his last chicken on (5) a scale and weighed it. "That will be(6) £6.35," he told the customer.
"That's a good price, but it really is a little too small," said the woman. "Don't you have anything larger?"
(7) Hesitating, but thinking fast, the butcher returned the chicken to the (8) refrigerator, paused a moment, then took it out again. "This one," he said (9) faintly, "will be £6.65."
The woman paused for a moment, then made her decision. (10) "I know what," she said, "I'll take both of them!"
(1) a man who cuts meat and sells it (người bán thịt)
(2) this is the "past perfect tense" - he had a good day BEFORE this story happened
(3) really good; exceptionally good (đặc biệt, cá biệt, riêng biệt)
(4) threw (quất, vụt)
(5) a small tool that shows how heavy something is (cái đĩa cân)
(6) you can read this as "six pounds, thirty-five pence" or “six pounds thirty-five” or “six thirty-five”
(7) he stopped for a very short time (do dự, ngập ngừng, lưỡng lự, không nhất quyết)
(8) a piece of electrical equipment in which food is kept cold so that it stays fresh (tủ lạnh)
(9) softly (yếu ớt, uể oải)
(10) "I know what I want to do"